The EBPM Difference
Eco Bio Plastics Midland, Inc. (EBPM) is a US subsidiary of a Japanese eco-friendly technology venture, Eco Research Institute Ltd. (ERI). ERI has developed a process of dry-grinding paper and pulp to micron size powder and using it as filler in conventional plastics such as polypropylene (PP). This innovation can contribute to reducing the use of fossil-based materials, and Paper Plastics are now regarded as one of the best bio-plastics available, with sound growth potential on a global basis.
EBPM is the first manufacturing company to produce Paper Plastic Composites on a large commercial scale in North America.
The EBPM Technology
The patent-protected process is an excellent use for paper which cannot be recycled back into paper due to shortened fibers. EBPM technology brings completely new applications of paper, overcoming the problem of the length of the cellulosic fibers, and it creates unlimited applications other than recycled paper. One popular application is foamed products that also incorporate starch to enhance the biomass-based contents. We can utilize waste paper for non-food applications.
The EBPM Value
Our value is to bring our customers different solutions by providing the one and only Eco Bio Plastics. The Paper Plastic Composites are now available in the US marketplace from EBPM in Michigan.
- Reduction of fossil-based materials
- Reduction of CO2 emissions
- Easy to understand appeal for consumers (easy to understand familiar materials, different feel and touch, etc.)
- Enhancement of properties through the presence of paper in the composites (reduced mold shrinkage, more rigidness, etc.)
- Quick commercialization of new eco-friendly products
- Differentiation of marketing strategy
There are many examples of products made from our composites, and a few that can be shared are shown below.